MWBC's 2022 Fundraising Needs
With the start of the new year comes the need to start looking toward financing this summer's camping season. Since MWBC is a non-profit, donor funded operation, we must continually ask all of our wonderful supporters to financially support this ministry.
Last year LDYC raised the per-person overnight rate to $10, which we pay for each camper and staff member. MWBC also raised the rate for a full week of camp to $170. Even though the $170 does not cover all of our costs, our aim is to keep camp affordable for families. Therefore, it is vital that we continue to secure donor funding to meet all of our needs.
At the end of the 2021 camping season, we did remain in the black, but we do need to refill our accounts in order to be able to pay our camp rental each week, offer camperships, cover the ever-increasing cost of food, and to fund any other supply needs.
To meet all of our financial needs this year, the board is looking to raise approximately $15,000. We would like to encourage every congregation and individual MWBC supporter to consider how they may contribute to the work of MWBC.
We encourage each church family to choose a way to financially support MWBC’s 2022 camping season! Some ideas are listed in the box to the right.
We are confident that we can count on your wonderful and generous support to continue to provide food, accommodations, camperships, and quality activities for all
What Can Congregations Do?
* Designate a “MWBC Sunday” for taking up a special collection for the ministry of Midwest Bible Camp.
* Organize a congregational fundraiser such as a car wash, raffle, fundraising dinner, bake sale, garage sale, etc.
* Make financial support for MWBC an ongoing yearly budget item.
* Decide as a congregation to pay all or part of the camper fee for the children in your church family (and perhaps consider sponsoring their friends).
* Donate food items, sports equipment, kitchen equipment, etc.
* Pray for MWBC / Donate your time and talents.
This year’s goal is to raise $15,000
*Donate by sending your donation to:
1201 N. 5th Street
Clear Lake, IA 50428
Remember: Your investment pays dividends now and in the future!